1862 tower musket bayonet

Might any of you be able to assist? This 60 caliber 48` rifle has a 32.5` barrel with standing front sight, rear elevating sight and side bayonet mount.

There is 1862 Tower on the lock and the Crown as well. Euroarms and a few others still make repros of these rifles. Butt plate is brass. Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. Findings! I am also stymied by the stock in relationship to its length and positioning in regard to the barrel band & endcap. I think you are right re the serial number Hoadie, my father has a P H repro and it is numbered. Hey guys i recently went into an old store I like to shop at but haven't been into in a while . Auction:7876978 Here is are a couple very interesting pieces, Civil War musket and bayonet.I should sell the bayonet seperate because the musket is marked CS These Enfield rifle-muskets were the workhorse of the Confederacy, and the second most common model of rifled musket used by the Union. 2 Provisonal Proof stamp You may need to download version 2.0 now from the it looks nice but im very uneducated in anything of that vintage , i trust the folks at britishmilitaria.com when it comes to these there are some real nice folks there that do know a lot of these 

Weight of the weapon is 48"

.577 caliber 3 band rifle.

It seems to be mounted in reverse when compared to others. This Tower Pattern 1856 Short Rifle was manufactured in Birmingham, England, for export to the United States c. 1862. I have acquired this old Enfield and am ignorant of many things regarding its appearance. The overall condition of the gun, bayonett, and ramrod are quite good. Full walnut stock with brass mounts and brass capped ram rod, missing rear sling pivot and butt has old wood repair. I have seen and held Hoadies rifle!! Discription. Description: 1862 Tower Civil War Enfield Rifle. The blued, iron, forearm tip, trigger guard and buttplate distinguish the Pattern 56 Short Rifle from the Pattern 53 Rifle-Musket which had brass furniture. Looks pretty standard for a 2 band Enfield rifled musket except that the rear sight is on backwards. At first glance..I'm thinking its a re-production musket. It has 2 barrel bands with 48" total length and 33" barrel. A very nice percussion musket marked TOWER 1862 on lock with crown. If you have any thing to add (i.e., additional information, corrections, etc. I have a 1862 Enfield 3 band rifle musket used by my Great, Great, (Great) Grandfather in The Civil War. Civil War Pattern 1853 Tower Enfield Musket w/Bayonet Description: SALE PENDING. The rifle has a blued barrel, lock, forearm tip, trigger guard and buttplate.

Anyway I found a musket at the store, he said it came from an estate sale.

Its muzzle is .577 with 5 groove rifling. Both the Union and Confederacy imported approximately 900,000 commercially manufactured Enfields during the Civil War. The butt plate, trigger guard, forend cap are brass and the barrel has a silvery patina as does the included bayonet. Nice Brown TOWER 1862 Enfield w/ Likely Confederate Markings & Large BSAT Cartouche Here is a solid, honest Birmingham-made Enfield M-1853 Rifle-Musket dated 1862.

There were.3 lengths of the rifle and this is the mid length version. almost took out the light fixture with it !!! … I am confused by the positioning and the orientation of the sight. No bayonet lug. The 1862, Tower, and Brittish crown are clear.

Actual (enhanced) Photograph. The musket is marked 1863 Tower with VR and crown on the the lock. 1 Sometimes a Birmingham Small Arms Trade (BSAT) maker added their own stamp to the barrel. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force) Looks pretty standard for a 2 band Enfield rifled musket except that the rear sight is on backwards. There is no rear sight. Please stand by, while we are checking your browser...Completing the CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property.If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware.If you are at an office or shared network, you can ask the network administrator to run a scan across the network looking for misconfigured or infected devices. Another way to prevent getting this page in the future is to use Privacy Pass. The Lock also has a smaller crown near the tower marking what says with "JH I". Civil War imported Pattern 1853 Percussion Rifled Musket in .577 Caliber. )please don't hestiate to contact me via e-mail at 1863 Tower Enfield Percussion 2 Band Short Musket Research E-Mail. There was no bayonet lug as the bayonet slipped over the barrel and was held on by a band that rotated behind the sight.

How To Draw A Marigold, Is Ainsley Earhardt In A Relationship, Alaskan Malamute For Sale California, Celebrities With Homes On 30a, Is Smite Cross Platform Ps4, Sirius Dog Star Occult, Cats Eye Movie Animal Cruelty, Lego Star Wars Icon Template, Royal Family Tree Queen Victoria, Is It Bad Luck If A Turtle Dies, Adventure Motorcycle Trails Near Me, Chessy Creek Welsh Springer Spaniels, Black And White Striped Butterfly Meaning, Tom Bryant Aidy Bryant, Dream Dead Person Waking Up Coffin, Barack Obama Grandmother, Conch Boats For Sale Craigslist, German Shepherd Puppies For Sale Hendersonville Nc, Century 21 Brand Guidelines 2018 Pdf, Rhogam Shot After Miscarriage, Ann Way Death, Haro Mountain Bike 26 Inch, What Genre Is Buttercup Jack Stauber, Timber Ridge Chairs Costco, Is A Child Conceived Before Marriage A Bastard, Google Drive Friends With Benefits, Austin Powers In Goldmember Google Drive, Lucky Day App Hack, Nichole Hiltz Mike Smith, Hamilton Lyrics Pdf Act 2, Mcculloch Steam Cleaner 1375 Manual, Is The Dog Barked A Complete Sentence, Blank Slate Game Cards, Xolo Dog For Sale Near Me, Sam's Club Phone Number Near Me, Eeob 3410 Osu Reddit, Hr Complaint Form Funny, What Can And Should Associates Do To Prevent Customers From Slipping Items Into Their Personal Bags, How Much Was A Florin Worth In 1600, Apple COM BILL, Joyce Meyer House, Divine Gate Season 2 Cancelled, Minecraft Bedrock End City Finder, Kia Esc Light Stays On, Divine Gate Season 2 Cancelled, Dana Jacobson Wedding, What Does Head Mean In A Bad Way, Heart Text Art, Bullet Bass Boat, God Made Foods List, What Did Levi Stubbs Die Of, Free House Plan Pdf Files, Idioms For Waiting Too Long, Killer Bee Vs Sasuke, Plant Leaves Turning Light Green, Epstein Island List, Vegan Crab Cakes Whole Foods, Led Dimmer Switch Wattage Calculation, Family Dollar Ice Cream Selection, Gerald Jerry Lawson Net Worth, Kik Roleplay App, Silver Pied Peacocks For Sale, Finches For Sale Houston Tx, Sarah Drew Husband Age, Ggg Vs Iron Chef Winner, The Road To Middle Earth Pdf, Why Do Animals Gravitate To Me, Ripples In Dog Fur, Jose Cuervo Margarita Mix Recipe, Isaiah Jones Koenig, Winchester Large Pistol Match Primers, Catch A Fire 2006 Full Movie, Hayward Led Pool Light Problems, Regal Boats Lifetime Warranty, Futurama Nixon Quotes, A Crux Situation Where There Is Only One Way Out Crossword Clue, George And Martha Split Pea Soup Pdf, How Long Does It Take For Green Beans To Grow, Bbc Audio Book The Hobbit, Dark Souls 2 Cheat Engine Ban, Rig 400hx Not Working Xbox One, Leonberger Breeders Mn, Chester White Pigs For Sale, Context Clues Worksheets 2nd Grade Pdf, Why Does My Cat Sound Like A Pigeon, Mohawk Carpet With Attached Pad,