1964 impala cowl tag decoder

The Impala Super Sports even had their own body style code from 1964-1967. The date code starts with a number for the month, followed by a letter for the week. Note 2-Instrument panel, steering wheel and carpet are red.

Wagons got vinyl interiors.Note for 1965: Biscayne sedan interiors were cloth except for the 865 fawn fleet-type vinyl. An odd third digit designates a 6 cyl. The first part is always 1 to designate Chevrolet, 2nd for the series and 3rd for the specific body style. 1960 - 1961 - 1962 - 1963 - 1965 - 1966 - 1967 - 1968 - 1969 - 1970 - 1971 - 1972 - 1973 - 1974 - 1975. Here is my tag info:You are correct in your findings but I also think the W=tinted windshild only. In addition, the body style number also appears on the cowl tag, typically in a V8 format.Here is a chart of VIN number assembly plant codes. Chevy Cowl Tag Decoder Here are the results of the codes you've entered: Style: 641867 Year: 1964 Series: Impala Body Style: Convertible Engine: 8 Cyl Body: 1523 Serial #: 523 Trim: 859 Series: Impala Interior Color: Saddle Material: 1964-1966 Canadian VIN’s had a different format, see Up through 1964, the VIN number was 12 characters. 1964 Cowl Tags This site is best viewed in 1024x768 resolution. I need help decoding the Accessory codes on my cowl tag. 1964 Chevrolet Interior trim number decoder. It has a 4 sp in it now and wondering if I am correct about the codes and if they mated the 409/425 to a powerglide from the factory? Starting in 1967, the partial VIN was stamped on the top of the cowl (under the cowl vent panel) or on the firewall around the opening that would be covered by the heater or air conditioning box.The cowl tag is an aluminum tag attached to the firewall of the body.
There is no known factory documentation that lists every code so most of these were confirmed by comparing original cars to the codes on the tag. No plant code was used. Posted on April 15, 2011 by Dave Stromberger April 20, 2011. One exception is the cowl tags of cars built at Oshawa, Ontario (until 1967) and those assembled overseas. In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.For the best viewing experience please update your browser to We use cookies to improve your experience on this website and so that ads you see online can be tailored to your online browsing interests. This early format had the model year at the front followed by the body style, assembly plant designation and sequential serial number. Note: Wilmington put the color of the wheels as a third letter (or 2nd on convertibles) in the paint code for 1965.The typical two-tone paint code was a combination of two of the available paint codes as suggested by Chevrolet. The Impala Super Sports even had their own body style code from 1964-1967. The Wilmington, DE assembly plant listed the interior paint code after it 1964-1968. TR or TRIM followed by the code as shown in the sample picture on the left. In 69, the location changed from the top line to under the interior code.The top line can contain more information depending on the assembly plant. That code can also be found on the protectoplate. In 1964, the paint code was a single three digit number between 952 and 995.In 67, the tan vinyl top color became light fawn instead of beige.The interior code is a three digit number that shows the color, fabric type and style of the seats. In 1964, the cowl tag can be found on top of the firewall on the passenger’s side. Im looking at a 1964 Convertible with a 409 in it and the ACC line reads 2M , 2S , 5V .

1962 | 1963 ... 64 = 1964: 01 = Chevy II 100, L4 02 = Chevy II 100, L6 04 = Chevy II Nova 400 (note 1) 04 = Chevy II Nova SS (note 2) (note 1) if body code in (11, 35, 37, 69) (note 2) if body code is 47: 11 = 2 door sedan Note 1-Instrument panel, steering wheel and carpet are aqua.
If im correct the 2M line states it came with a powerglide transmission.

9- 837, St. Louis S/Coupe 10- 837, A.O. I have a 64 Impala SS convertible that I am just starting a frame off restoration on. Some plants listed the top (vinyl or convertible) color in this location with a number and some other assembly plants used a letter in 1966 and 1967 to signify the front seat type and whether it had headrests.Note for 1964: Biscayne sedan interiors were cloth except for the 865 fawn fleet-type vinyl. Good Luck. Plant years in parenthesisThe last six digits of the VIN# are the sequential serial number.

South Lake Tahoe Webcam Hwy 50, Limenitis Arthemis Symbolism, Watch The Secret Of My Success 123movies, Danae Hudson Instagram, Iron Resurrection Nova For Sale, Agave Nectar Health Benefits Skin, Global Furniture Task Chair1, Best Use Of Hex 5e, Tootsee Roll Meaning, Red Corner Full Movie 123movies, Mac Sports Cozy Club Chair, Thora Sa Haq Last Episode, Silver Eagle Bus Windshield, Does A Fridge Still Work Without A Light, Rosy Maple Moth Pet For Sale, Otis Williams Wife, Jaeger Corps Uniform, Installing Pool Lights Existing Pool, When Do Ramses And Nefret Get Together, A To Z Love Messages, Pes 2020 Lite Psp, Is Manwich Bad For You, Dee Jay Mathis, Kai The Black Angel, Eenie Meenie Miney Moe Clothing Australia, Alumaweld Talon 16 Specs, Why Did Trip Fontaine Leave Lux, Ledecsun Solar Pool Light, Red Corner Full Movie 123movies, Amos App Delete Account, Tyler Cassidy Clinton, Wolf Sightings In California 2020, Sicario 2 Ending Explained Reddit, Hd Poker Codes 2020, When Do Usagi And Mamoru Get Together, Calkins Boat Trailer Value, Fox Action En Vivo, What Is The Moral Of Desiree's Baby, Sarah Drew Husband Age, They Tryna Be Cray Minecraft, Locust Bug Spiritual Meaning, Frigidaire Gallery Side By Side Refrigerator Manual, The Perfect Guy Similar Movies, I Encourage My Friends To Act In An Ethical Manner, Hammerhead 250 Ss Review, Clash On Kamino Event Date, Dirty Rice Vs Jambalaya, How To Use V3rmillion Scripts, Dream Of Petting A Squirrel, Bmw R75 For Sale Craigslist,