equinox runs after shut off

Or when I start it and begin to drive it shuts off.

after having it towed and speaking with 6 mechanics and 3 dealerships, we were told by every one of them that these engines are known for this problem and rebuilt engines are so backordered because of this problem, that we were looking at least 4-6 weeks minimum to try and replace it at a cost of $7600 out of pocket and still have 2 years to pay the car off before this even happened and there was no recall or gm assstance with this repair.

When we inquired about these things from the dealer we purchased from we were told that everything was 'normal' and that's what a chevy sounds like. The car almost shut off while backing out of a parking lot on Feb 13, 2016. The failure mileage was approximately 15,400.

On Thursday, October 15, 2014, dealer contacted me and stated that my vehicle was ready for pickup and could not duplicate the problem nor read the gm codes. Chevrolet decided not to make a switch or button for those who want to disable the Auto Stop/Start feature. Our 2006 Equinox has had our engine shut down on us several times between April 3rd thru sept. 4th of 2014. 26 people found this helpful. 4 l 4 cyl) to a chevy dealership in ky. It is ok for the engine cooling fan to keep running for a few minutes after you turn off the car. About a few minutes later, I attempted a second time to turn it on. By the time he came back inside to speak with us, he stated that he could no longer turn the vehicle on. The engine light came on and it shutoff.

Google it online it comes up as a recall for my year of 2011 chevy equinix.

It felt like I was changing the oil in the engine too frequently. The crazy thing is.

This has begun happening over the last three days after having the vehicle for only three months. I had to put the car into park remove the key from the ignition and then re insert key and re start the vehicle.

I turned it off again for a few minutes.
Then, you must repeat the steps with each start of the engine.I have a 2020 equinox and I found that as the auto stop system works with the clutch you just need to play with the force you push the brake. Vehicle gives only cold air not heat at all on my 2010 Chevy Equinox LS 4cyl .

He stated that it would not turnover at all. 260 Report; steven answered 2 years ago I have a 2013 Chevy equinox trying to figure out why fan stays on after card is off when playing reverse chugs out. Then you notice the engine cooling fan is still running even though the car is turned off. Copyright 2019 American Autowire, Inc. All rights reserved.150 Heller Pl, Bellmawr, NJ 08031 | Call: 800-482-9473 Mon-Fri 8am-5pm ESTPrices subject to change at any time. But throttle position does. The contact called a local dealer (Chevrolet of homewood, 18033 halsted st, homewood, IL 60430) and was informed that he would have to pay for diagnostic testing. Timing chain broke causing engine damage.

Our team at American Autowire takes great pride in being part of a truly American hobby. While driving various speeds, the vehicle independently decelerated and shut off without warning. Past couple months or so I have had many issues with my vehicle.
It is ok for the engine cooling fan to keep running for a few minutes after you turn off the car. Engine shutoff due to chain stretch or failure can occur as any time during driving or engine running conditions.

Steering wheel locked so I couldn't pull off the road. Mark helpful. I really do want something done to fix this issue because I could of cause an accident with that sudden stop and all because of the engine powering off.

Unbelievable!

Once again, it moved about a few more inches and shutdown. Online and on different sites come up that some have problems and have recalls .

Aztec God Of Fire Tattoo, How To Restore Panda Pop, Ram Cup Holder Phone Mount, Twitches Google Drive, Tree Of Life Metal Wall Art Large, Desert Solitaire Chapter 1 Sparknotes, I've Loved You So Long, Pygmy Date Palm Cold Hardiness, Middle Names For Ava, 15 In Surface Cleaner For Gas Pressure Washers, Snow Peas Calories 1 Cup, Baby Opossum For Sale, Tucker Carlson Wife Heiress, Can You Give A Toradol Injection In The Arm, Medical School Secondary Essays Reddit, How Many Clubtails To Get Drunk, Bird That Sounds Like A Referee Whistle, Small Soldiers 123movies, The Good Person Of Szechwan, Terraria Calamity Max Health, Long Haired Standard Dachshund Puppies For Sale, Chianna Maria Bono, Aloe Vera Wart Removal, Who Is Steve Bannon Married To, When Is It Too Late To Transplant Tomatoes, Girl From Poltergeist Murdered, Led Light Strips Walmart In Store, Drita D Avanzo Birth Chart, Knocked Loose In The Walls Ending, Andrea Riseborough Partner, Live Bamboo For Sale Near Me, How To Introduce Yourself In A Flirty Way, Kevin Knotts Net Worth, What Did Hertha Hanfstaengl Died Of, Dana Bash Son Age, 416 Rigby Double Barrel Rifle, Himalayan Monal Pheasant For Sale, Hbo Perry Mason Cast, Bigfoot Trailer For Sale Craigslist, How Often Do Pink Toe Tarantulas Molt, Henry Polic II, Dnd 5e Blindsight Feat, Chevy Equinox Backup Camera Settings, Born To Win Sermon, Golden Rain Tree Firewood, Lorikeet For Sale Near Me, Where Was Firecreek Filmed, How To Tell If A Goat Is Polled, How Tall Is Donna Benedicto, Pet Shop Buy Crossword Clue, Ava Mcintosh Instagram, Latoya Jackson Net Worth 2020, Yamaha R6 Engine Rebuild Kit,