houseplants safe for cats reddit

First post, ever, on reddit. One of them was obsessed, but only chewed the leaves (not swallowing). very few will actually cause serious harm, and usually only in high quantities. worked so far .New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be castA place to discuss tip on growing an indoor garden, including herbs and vegetables.Press J to jump to the feed. But yeah, imperfect system. The fact that your cats managed to access plants you were "careful" about is why I posted this list - cats are smart, agile, and stubborn, and keeping anything out of their reach feels temporary at best!Just some advice: When providing a list of plants, list as many names as you can, and ALWAYS include the Latin, and pictures of the plant in question. I also got a money tree, thus far safe from the cats' interest and kept in a safer location as well, plus much much larger. I've been thus far finding plants I think look neat, then checking sites like the aspca to see if they're safe for cats and then examining their care to see if I can do it. (I can't remember which ones I have, but th big and fast growing one.

Both the parlor plant and the dracena was fun to chew on because the leaves where skinny and swaying.I have some other plants that are toxic, in theory, but they have never showed any interest in these (and some will claim that even if they are toxic, they will either taste too bad for cats to bother chewing or eating much, or the amount they have to eat will be too great to pose any threat. What houseplants are toxic to cats? After all, your little furry friend demands your attention, you don’t have time to endlessly care for a plant too! You can always use shelves, tall stands, or plant hangers for dangerous or tempting plants.I run a humidifier once or twice a week since it is so dry right now. The Latin name is going to be the most specific.For example, I might not know what an Aglaonema or Chinese evergreen is, but I will know if I have Also, a few plants you listed as dangerous are actually safe:Poinsettias (Euphorbia pulcherrima) are a bit of an oddball. Just get those with spikes that are staying in place, not those tiny hair like spikes that stay in anything that touches the plant...I also have a cat and got a spiderplant + parlor palm, kangaroo paw fern, prayer plant. I am a longtime cat lady, newer plant lady, and have been slowly building up my collection of cat-safe plants. There are so many great options that are nontoxic to cats. I love pothos and philodendrons but both are super toxic. It can be frustrating to go to the nursery and find lots of beautiful plants that turn out to be toxic when researched, so I thought I’d share the list I’ve compiled of cat-safe options.I’m sure this is by no means a complete list! I’ve seen a few questions on here by other cat owners, and have often seen commenters recommend toxic plants or blow off concerns that cats might chew on their owner’s toxic plants. I have 3 cats that munch on any and every plant I’ve put in my house no matter how high up I put it, and they don’t bother these at all. There are plenty of plants called "Lily". I also want to share a couple useful resources for looking up specific plants you may be considering adding to your cat-friendly home. r/houseplants: A community focused on the discussion, care, and well-being of houseplants! It is the responsibility of the pet owner to ensure a cat lives in a safe and healthy environment. I was wondering if anyone had an easy access list or some ideas off the top of their heads of plants they know are safe for cats, to make the search a bit easier than going one by one. Rest of my apartment faces inside the building beside a regular sized window in a 2nd bedroom that I'm not sure is enough light.Anyways, I got a parlor palm and my cats ate it, completely. Below you will find a list of cat-safe houseplants that are also easy to care for!
Some of these plants require bright, natural light and others will do well with little or no sunlight. The ASPCA has a long list here: Edited to add a few common houseplants that ARE toxic to cats: Philodendron (including Monstera — I’m so sad about that!

They are frequently cited as The Most Dangerous PlantJade plants (Crassula ovata) are non- toxic. r/whatsthisplant: A subreddit for the identification of plants. However, there are house plants that we keep that pose significant health challenges to cats due to their toxicity. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Visitors are encouraged to submit requests as well as help out with identification. I would trust the ASPCA.I know this is months old, but THANK YOU FOR THIS. They also thrive on neglect, barely have to water them, don’t have very strict light requirements.These are actually toxic to cats, but I've found the same thing - my cat totally ignores it because it's an unappealing texture. and continued to trip balls. I have had good luck with most plants. I have one cat who will chew on anything - I even have to hide my shoes from him.I get so confused because the ASPCA and Cal Poison lists definitely conflict a lot. I love jade plants and got rid of one before i got Lennox out of caution. I'm not even sure if my apartment is okay for plants (one wall-length sliding glass window/double doors south facing in the living room that leads to a balcony.) :(The calpoison list indicates that those plants are nontoxic to humans. I have a few different "palms", cacti, pothos, spider plant, dragon trees, arrowhead plant, and english ivy.

It's not lethal but it can cause vomiting and diarrhea.Plants to avoid: dracena marginata, euphorbia (as a genus), etc. My cat just didn’t like the cat grass that I grew for her. It'd be nice to have one again.Thank you so much for posting an in depth list!

Nailed It Auditions Season 4, Avengers Age Of Ultron Google Drive Full Movie, Yes Boss Serial Episode 631, Glenfield Model 65 Golden 50 Parts, Fishing Pick Up Lines Reddit, Discord Emoji Anime, Uss Long Beach Deck Logs, 36 Wood Folding Table Gray Cosco, Iyaz Replay Instrumental Mp3 Download, Signs A Scorpio Woman Has A Crush On You, Taoist Tantra Pdf, Scribblenauts Showdown Forbidden City Walkthrough, The Dark Knight Full Movie In Tamil Filmywap, Cannondale Quick Cx 4 2020 Review, World Of Dance Season 2, Earthworm Jim Hd Code, The Ant Bully Full Movie, Teacup Puppies Near Me, Pottery Barn Vs Ashley Furniture, Golden Retriever Hackettstown Nj, Katy Jurado Portrait By Diego Rivera, Billy Currington Kurt Cobain, Funny Green Thumb Quotes, Dbd Legion Builds 2020, The Crime Of Father Amaro Full Movie, The Trump Prophecy, Threshold Cube Organizer Replacement Parts, Nailed It Auditions Season 4, 2020 Bmw S1000rr For Sale, Maze Runner The Death Cure, Nine Perfect Strangers Ending Explained, How To Draw A Bunny, Eddie Jones On Kobe Bryant Death, Jim Gives Dwight Speech Advice, Acid Rap Font, Team Huddle Names, Why Do Guys Kiss Aggressively, The Recruit Book Pdf, Jeld Wen French Door Retractable Screen, Seeing Dead Lizard Meaning, Progressive Commercial Turning Into Your Parents, Heaviest Metals In Order, Langrisser 1 Class Tree, Words With These Letters And A Blank, Jay Gatsby Eulogy, The Two Jakes Full Movie, Monroe County Bbq Sauce Recipe, Does Gumbo File Expire, Trail In Between Procyonid Watercourse, Sonic Games For Kids, Shiba Inu For Sale Michigan, Hbo Perry Mason Cast, Lexus Rx Redesign 2022, Best Jay Halstead Episodes, Tamil Dubbed Movie Collection Free Download, Baek Jong Won Recipes, Dog Microchip Lump, Hedgehog For Sale Ny, The Mummy Full Movie Return, If You Need A Shoulder To Lean On Quotes, Can A Cheetah Run On Water, Wwe 2k19 Caw Name Generator, Magic Kaito Episode 1 English Dub, Verbena Officinalis Vs Blue Vervain, Emmett Carnahan Mother, Six Degrees Of Kevin Bacon, Connected With God Crossword Clue, Blue Scale Quail Incubation Period, Fat Man Vs Little Boy, Best Ikea Desk For Gaming Reddit, How Old Is Nathan John Tiktok, Vote Igor Meaning, Kaze To Ki No Uta, Cheap Puff Bars Bulk, Snl Home Improvement Caulk Skit, Food Trucks For Sale Near Me Craigslist, Craigslist Chicago Jobs General Labor, Aaron Sanchez Twin Brother Rodrigo Pictures, What Does Sub Zero Mean In Math, Survival Adventure The Lost Treasure Walkthrough, Mossberg 590 Shockwave Detachable Magazine, Kenmore Refrigerator Temperature Control Not Working, Am I A Real Demigod Quiz, Brick Mansions Full Movie Download 720p, Did Pat And Gina Neely's Daughter Die, Double Kick Cutaway Longboard Template, Paige Hurd Twin, Mad Gab Translator, Golden Vs Red King Crab Legs, Daddy's Home 2 Google Drive, Midnight Diner Cast, 24 Inch Beach Cruiser Bike, Ashlesha Nakshatra 2020, Rap Lyrics About Being 24, Quesadilla De Birria Near Me,