replace power antenna with fixed

Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!RACING...Because with baseball, football, basketball, tennis, and golf, you only need Fixing a Broken Power Antenna: Step-by-Step Instructions For the Home Mechanic If your power radio antenna won’t go up and down anymore, the problem is either a burned-out motor or the geared cable inside the mast. Im assuming i could just thread in the fixed one after taking out the mast but would like to hear someone who might know. The whip mod is coming up on my list here soon as I’m starting to want radio back after a year of pandora/amazon music I had already replaced the power mast once, and after the new antenna hit a low-hanging branch from a tree, it got bent again. So I bought a new antenna from autozone for about $15 bucks. I'm not quite sure how it works or what's involved for the install. Not sure what year they started putting those in, but might be easier? Why not just delete the front antenna altogether and use the rear window antenna? hate that stupid powered one......And this is the stubby I replaced the whip antenna from autozone with.It was dark out when I tried to take this pic, so it isn't great... but you get the "picture"Because the reception on this antenna is so bad, I'd probably go with an even smaller "stubby" antenna if I had it to do over... and at 8 bucks for a 2 inch stubby on ebay... why not! There's a kit on Amazon that lets you remove the factor antenna then puts in a short adapter then the stubby antenna goes on the adapter. The antenna mast can be replaced without needing to replace the motor assembly as well. thank you ill be replacing my antenna this weekend. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.I have a 1999 C5 Convertible. I did this when my 04Z was about a week old and the reception was good. You will have to remove the entire motor/antenna assembly. Both are easy DIY fixes. However that antenna was kind of ugly, so I bought a stubby antenna on ebay (or amazon.. not sure now). they do come with a mounting base underneath the body.

Just did the swap a few weeks ago. I cheated on a second T4R by cutting the geared plastic line and just put the factory antenna back in. If your power radio antenna won’t go up and down anymore, the problem is either a burned-out motor or the geared cable inside the mast. NICOclub's Nissan forums and Infiniti forums and all affiliated sites are the property of HDS Holdings, Inc.Information Copyright © 2000-2019 by NICOclub, all rights reserved.
I still have it 16 years later and have never had any problemsCorvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette ForumsA forum community dedicated to Corvette C Series owners and enthusiasts. Part number 86300-35090thank you for that. You can do the entire repair in about two hours. I cheated on a second T4R by cutting the geared plastic line and just put the factory antenna back in. As far as a shortie one. Is their aftermarket that fits .Perhaps previous posting was unclear.I Want to get rid of the power antenna and replace it with a fixed antenna.Some after markets might fit. not sure what happened to the rest of the connector but i only see the single. This is a new high quality aftermarket stainless steel Power Antenna Mast that cost less than 50% of the dealer factory retail price. Hi, i bought a 300zx a few months ago and manged to replace the antenna mast with help from this forum. Is their aftermarket that fits . Pull the ball on top off with a pair of pliers while protecting the ball with a piece of leather or some heavy cloth to keep from scrrating the ball. As far as a shortie one. Want to replace your power antenna with a fixed unit? I have a 1999 C5 Convertible. The antenna mast cable winds around the gear shaft inside the motor assembly, allowing you to replace the entire antenna mast with a new unit. Kept the better radio reception this way and didn't spend a penny. repair power antenna or replace with fixed antenna: leelee: Engines / Suspension / Wheels / Tires / Audio / Accessories: 1: 01-28-2014 03:04 AM: which lubricant for powered antenna mast? Not sure what year they started putting those in, but might be easier? Prev. Discussion Starter • #1 • 4 h ago. cut the antenna to 8" and JB Weld the ball back on. yes you can replace the power antenna with a fixed antenna. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.I have a 1999 C5 Convertible. There's a kit on Amazon that lets you remove the factor antenna then puts in a short adapter then the stubby antenna goes on the adapter. Then antenna on my Z was broken when I bought it. No more power antenna for me. as far as I know you can not do anything with the power unit but replacace the mast with a power mast.

1; 2; First 2 of 2 Go to page . I did this when my 04Z was about a week old and the reception was good.
Fixing a Broken Power Antenna: Step-by-Step Instructions For the Home Mechanic. It just screwed right on to the new antenna base.sweet! all that work just to remove an antenna line.. i guess i should just buy a new head unit while im at it. Some one posted a link above that integrates a stubby antenna connection to a power antenna. Do I need a bracket from a hardtop or.

Lg Lt700p Refrigerator Water Filter By Pureh2o, What Were The Missing Words In The Telegram From Quigley Quagmire, Rust Free Southern Trucks Princeton Wv, Bernie And Phyls Going Out Of Business, Noah Segan Grace Under Fire, Divorce Rates By Country, 4 Week Old African Grey, Youtube Film Noir 1940s, Tern Link A7 Vs B7, Wall Mounted Soap Dispenser Holder, When Do Baby Zebra Finches Open Their Eyes, Kinsey Scale Test, Santa Cruz Highball With 120mm Fork, Toradora Season 2 2020, Absolute Maximum And Minimum Multivariable Calculator, Shtisel Season 1 Episode 8 Recap, Rock Harbor Resort Lake Almanor, Does Nightflyers End On A Cliffhanger, Play Super Mario Kart Unblocked, 10 Rules For A Utopian Society, Nos4a2 Season 2 Release Date, Why Did Eric Dane Leave Charmed,