repotting an aloe that has developed a long stem

Maybe now that the weather is better ......They can really get rangy huh? I read that aloe vera is also really good for Poison Ivy. It's doing really well in its new pot and spot.I have a few aloe vera plants that are doing wonderful.

I can't really say it did that much for us, but it is known for many useful qualities. Quite Interesting and lasts for weeks. As it has grown, inevitably the bottom 2 leaves (1 on either side) end up dying. Tips for Repotting an Aloe. My question is that when I cut and re-pot, will it start growing back straight up or is there something I can do to make it grow straight up?Gabi, I found that repotting in a wider more shallow pot and giving it more light has allowed this aloe to grow straight, multiply and thrive.Hello Patti, I hope this message finds you and your family safe -- reaching out to ask about an aloe of mine that is also stretched out. Right now since I live in NC they're in the house on my counter they receive natural and artificial light there.Monica, I'm not totally sure but I suspect it's an overwatering issue. Are the roots mushy and breaking off easily. Didn’t see any other comments about flowering but bloom is a tall spike with small pinkish white flowers up and down both sides of the spine.

I'm sure it would help the wounds from your poison to heal. Then water well letting all excess water drain away. It worked wonders for my plant. The aloe plant on our west facing front porch looks like something from a low budget horror movie. Leave a bit of a stem (1-2 inches) for planting.

When in doubt, don't water.Here's an updated picture of my replanted aloe a year later.

If you can take the plant out, see if there is root rot.

I would do exactly as I mentioned in the post. If your main aloe plant is starting to look leggy and droopy and is surrounded by smaller pups, it’s definitely time to transplant.To repot an aloe, first carefully remove it from its current pot. Let me know how it turns out if you try it.My question is: can I cut the plant at the point where it turns (I assume there will be the equivalent of a stem) and then follow your instructions?Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciatedA., it's hard to tell without seeing the plant but I suspect that you can cut the plant as it turns. I would still suggest cutting it and repotting the stretch stem if you want. Let the cut heal a few days before repotting and hold back on the watering for a few days too.Hi been searching and finally found your site I have this aloe plant from a cutting my sister gave me a long time ago its in a medium size clay pot and leaves etc ate beautiful but problem is it has a very long woody stem want to repot it but not sure how as don't know if you should cut the woody stem as real long but leaves etc are good and also has new shoots cing out at top not pups could you tell me how to repot or if I should cut whole stem hope to hear from you soon also if you could email me thanks patSounds similar to my plant. I live in Wisconsin.Michael, Aloe is a tropical plant so most grow it as a houseplant unless you live in the deep south. I'm not sure but my guess is it would and may be worth experimenting. To repot an aloe, first carefully remove it from its current pot. 3.

It was not well taken care of then soaked for a while, before it was given to me almost a year ago. One of the many things that make aloes such good houseplants is that they tend to like a little overcrowding. It was stretched when i got it, and more confusing to me, growing in a fan shape or like a triton-- leaves / new growth growing on either side of itself, as opposed to a more rounded out shape that it normally would take, like rose petals on a rose.

When she is not working on a project at home or searching for treasures at nurseries and thrift stores with her girlfriends, you’ll probably find her with family and friends, at a restaurant, or home party enjoying new and different food adventures.I have a monster aloe plant and have just repotted the babies and have 2 giant pieces I am letting sit out for a few days before I repot.

It will get Repotting an aloe is also important if it’s starting to develop pups. It's better to keep it on the dry side. Don’t worry, aloe plants are very tough and the roots can handle being cut apart. I'm at a loss as to how I should do this. You don’t have to do this, but it will insure a higher likelihood of a successful transplant.

However, as you can see if you look closely, the one on the left is super top heavy and leaning out of the pot. Don’t worry, aloe plants are very tough and the roots can handle being cut apart. It is pretty, and easy to grow, so go for it!Patti, I have a very prickly cactus that is in great need of needing to be transplanted into a larger pot. She loves crafting, gardening, decorating and entertaining at her home in Pennsylvania. First cut off a good bit of the base, and let the cut form a callus for a few days. I just don't understand how I was able to do well with some and not others. Also a concern of mine is that one of aloe vera plants have almost like clear spots (the green is completely gone) but its green at the steam and then my older ones have like this brown spots on them. I nursed it to health (got rid of root rot, and repotted in cactus soil) and keep it in a good amount of indirect light. As long as each pup has some roots still attached, they should be fine.If your aloe plant is growing in the garden and you want to move or divide it, simply use a shovel to dig straight down in a circle around the roots.

Radiant Metric Series Pool Price, Big Dog Vs Small Dog Meme, Warsaw 44 Ending Explained Reddit, When Will The Book Of Dust Volume 3 Release Date, Crimson Tide Full Movie 123, Baxter Iv Bags, Gar Fish Steaks For Sale, Pride Rock Tosa Kennel, Pigman Rap Roblox Id, Brown Miniature Schnauzer For Sale, Wild Things Tamil Dubbed Movie Tamilyogi, Where Is Wesley Snipes Now, Christopher Hitchens Mortality Pdf, African Grey Female Parrot For Sale, A Single Man Book Pdf, Do Swans Have Teeth, Mini Cabras En Venta, What Size Frame For 6x8 Photo, Best Drafting Chair For Standing Desk, Strain Mylar Bags, Karcher 2500 Psi Pressure Washer Engine Manual, Tiffany Espensen Trump, Bill Duke Wife, Agile Off Road 4x4 Conversion Cost, The War I Finally Won Quiz, Ahh Ahh Ahh Rap Song, Yale School Of Drama Showcase 2018, Sun Tracker Party Cruiser 32 Bimini, Seth Curry Wife Callie Rivers, Value List Bgs, How To Make A Canopy With Pvc Pipe, How To Use Moss R6, Who Makes Ballard Designs Furniture, Giveon Favorite Mistake Bpm, How Many Kids Does Quavo Have, Great Canadian 16 Ft Canoe, 4 Bedroom Duplex House Plans, Jaeden Martell Girlfriend Instagram, Is Frances Shand Kydd Related To Camilla, Phil Collins In The Air Tonight Mp3 Download Skull, Barbet For Sale Near Me, Ramon Vampire New Orleans, Car Loan Denied After Signed All Papers, Does Nightflyers End On A Cliffhanger, The Surrender Of Sleeping Beauty, My Dog Found A Dead Possum, Is It Illegal To Sit In A Lifeguard Chair,