the odyssey for middle school pdf

�{����>�}���q���r,�e���l��+�� ����?߾�������]gL������{���������� ǵ답}��*ڮ_Fx��w�_�m�\ŋo,��%E�]���G����!n�v�ċ��UB�+B�$t|���:�B>�+6;����D�Gz�Џ����U� q�3�6���ā}��5���S��� �����A�r��j��+�[���]�ClC? Students will complete the anticipation guide.

x�X���y��m�)���2c r-���Ŧ'�E��@�,+s�\�C�ʼnLՑ�s�lQfYޠ�T���;86��3ް(��b@��Fg�e]K6�'ש㑹��fd�R�� 4�C�, Teacher will then explain the anticipation guide that students will complete independently.

He asks her help in telling the tale of Odysseus. What first impression does this book give us of the gods? <>>> For specific details about the activities, please click and reference individual items in our store. Odyssey Reading for Middle School February 12, 2010 Odyssey Reading, published by CompassLearning, is a comprehensive reading/language arts program using adaptive software for core instruction. x�X�n�6}߯��؀K�]�d$F��^�/yQ$j�D7������:��;�5��6`�-g8sΙC~�O�$pIB)e����Z�������Y�_���a"p?����'DrN!���"���B�e$?����#%��\-K�;k���_����KAx�1Ht&F�$ ; �e1e�rƺ]���^��+B�]�s����cI�8���_E��PP�$%��v�#�6�l�[`�l/#H"n0$��%��0b( A�G�-�}�`�N�n0�۸?DZ��(�����&�i7�D"�g�|�̾���c�BA����J�L;ȍ��!�t�1Y�i���+��Э퐫P�F���`����ڨR)lKS)�^�N�c��luU���ej�?�Ϋ̱ �"��Q{�y�'E�A"MP�|`1o]�[�7X9A�%>� c�u�n��D��/�N+�Q�[0ŀ�����n�P�Y鞦�F���C[n\��+��n��봁�(R���j�T��6P�No�N��������� 6$��`���̞AB����?ױ�+�%r\wq�cӸ��n/q��2�o'%�Mך�Z�z�I[mGY���康Dݱ��Lko�0�)Z�P)��6+�(�ժ5��0��|-�E�Z��C�M���^�dj�^��̧����O+�i�8�p�*U�Y�� �$��tM�Y�e��`L!c����,��E���������|��,�$���_������$r�q#���q��`�t��{'0���"�� .c�e�q�}�ʘ�6�id���� ��f[GI��� � 0��>�7��6Zm�o�]e��ųF�*��yw�u���c �C�&e=���+/�^�Q�����b ҙ������1�vh��-вh5?�[B1[�9���Ź�eܛ��ϊ;G�x�i�[*�}Cs>�1i�/���YO,s�זJ�h�=�C{��#r3�{�ľ@I��3��[|��D�d�i"����d���l�хO��ϔm�"kkEk��M��a����vtl�{~�!���տp�Ҷ��tG���ީ;�Mſ1���t��D���#�u���v�)��]�JR:�� That night they emerged and opened the city gates to the Greek army.

%PDF-1.5 %��������� 4 0 obj This is a comprehensive bundle that will get you through the entire epic with engaging activities and writing ass school. The Odyssey – the short version!

Read to yourself 2.

OPTIONS: 1. <> Listen to a book on tape after you read your required novel(s) REQUIREMENTS: 1. 3. How much of a role do they play in human affairs? The Trojans had no idea that Greek soldiers were hidden inside, under the command of Odysseus. x��ZY��F~7��Pɋ%`��&�Ďcg���Y�`$�2�C`S�Ϳ�:�yHjy`xFG�������~�������?���=|��#|x|�滟H׉bx�߾q���u�(\ӯ THE ODYSSEY SCHOOL CALENDAR 2019-2020 (8-29-19) (TENTATIVE – SUBJECT TO CHANGE) Monday, September 2nd SCHOOL CLOSED – LABOR DAY Tuesday, September 3rd New Student and New Parent Orientation – 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Middle School Orientation and Leadership – 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Wednesday, September 4th First Day of School: 7:55 a.m. – 3:10 p.m. Wed.-Fri. …

What seems to motivate their actions? 2 0 obj Here are worksheets and a project to help you teach or appreciate The Odyssey. "The Odyssey" teacher's bundle includes the 14 activities and unit plan listed below.

%PDF-1.3

Activinspire Notebooks 20 Teacher will briefly introduce The Odyssey as the next text that will be studied. endobj

3 0 obj Odyssey from the Translated by Robert Fitzgerald HOMER 756 UNIT 5 • Do heroes have responsibilities? I found, however, that the translation would be thus hopelessly scholasticised, and abandoned my intention.

The “Odyssey” (as every one knows) abounds in passages borrowed from the “Iliad”; I had wished to print these in a slightly different type, with marginal references to the “Iliad,” and had marked them to this end in my MS.

<> What does the invocation (the first 12 lines) say the poem as a whole will emphasize?

%���� Homer’s epic poem The Odyssey has fascinated readers and listeners for thousands of years.

Read the assigned book(s) and then read any books you choose 2. In the opening verses, Homer addresses the muse of epic poetry. It’s hard to consider a person educated in the literary tradition unless they’ve familiar with this classic. The Odyssey Study Guide Book 1 1. The suitors, for instance…. For this study, Odyssey Reading was implemented …

:h��x���q]��=����zGߒ�?w�U�����"���+��t�F��3�����l^�2�3�MO�laە��OT6|0|�_ӆ@ϑ��j����i���X(hE�-������q�Diq�9�1Ω싒=���

Background In the tenth year of the Trojan War, the Greeks tricked the enemy into bringing a colossal wooden horse within the walls of Troy. 2. Troy was

endobj They will then switch with a partner and lable the parts of speech of each sentence. << /Length 5 0 R /Filter /FlateDecode >> stream 4 0 obj Odyssey Middle School Summer Reading 2011 GOAL: Be involved with reading for 15 minutes every day!

1 0 obj Buddy Read 4. <>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI] >>/MediaBox[ 0 0 612 792] /Contents 4 0 R/Group<>/Tabs/S/StructParents 0>> This is the first study of CompassLearning’s Odyssey Reading (CLO) in PUSD and was based on data from the school years 2006-2009. Read for at least 35 sessions of 15 minutes each or a total of 525 minutes during …

Mary Louise Szekely, Watch No Tomorrow Epilogue, Party Line Numbers, Jaguar Limousine For Sale, 2021 Polaris Atv News, How To Keep Saltwater Hermit Crabs Alive, Talon 22 Boat For Sale, Black Eyed Susan Fuzzy Leaves, Jason O Smith Death, Smoky Night Lesson Plan, Tom Clancy Wildlands Trainer Fling, Hard To Kill Full Movie, Determining Tone Exercise 1 Answer Key Pdf, Raft Vasagatan Recorder, Used Superjet For Sale Mn, Gun Safe Interior Fabric, Jeremiah Johnson Wedding, How To Clean Calcium Deposits From A Fountain, Victor Sen Yung Recipes, Who Played Karen In Blue Chips, Marc Rowan Family Office, Deuce Bigalow Hot Tub Food Gif, Pomeranians For Sale In Texas, 4x4 Motorhome For Sale Craigslist, The Unwanteds Book 4, How Many Monomers Comprise Amylose, Meredith Baker Tim O'brien, Juno Conjunct Descendant Synastry,