why was the thin blue line cancelled

(except when they arrested the wrong carol singers). Rudolf Walker co stars as old copper full of amusing stories which always seem to side track Inspector Fowler.So do yourself a favour and watch the thin blue line The Thin Blue Line is a 1988 American documentary film by Errol Morris, about the trial and subsequent conviction of Randall Dale Adams for the murder of Texas police officer Robert Wood. Each episode has individuality from 'Honey Trap' to 'Come On You Blues' and 'Yuletide Spirit', Ben Elton seems to cover all storyline areas with ease and brilliant invention. Was this review helpful? 1 out of 1 found this helpful. The stars in this show are perfectly cast and hilirious to watch, particularly James Dreyfuss, Rowan Atkinson and also David Haig who plays D.I Grim is hilirious!

This series was a bit of a step back for Elton and Atkinson after the audaciously original Blackadder and Mr. Bean series. I grew up on Mr. Bean, and "Rowan Atkinson" was superb in this series! 3 out of 3 found this helpful.

Sitcom The Thin Blue Line is another fine example where he and his co-actors fill in witty scripts by Ben Elton. It's simply so funny with all the characters like Inspector Fowler (Rowan Atkinson), Inspector Grim (David Haig), Constable Goody (James Dreyfuss), Constable Habib (Mina Anwar) and Constable Gladstone (Rudolph Walker). Was this review helpful? A rare find in the 90's sitcom era thats actually good (Bottom, Vicar of Dibley and Men Behaving badly are the only other good comedies from the decade). Was this review helpful? The Thin Blue Line is a typical crowd-pleaser, and maybe that's the problem. It is one of my top 10 UK comedies. But at the end of the day, I can't help thinking that a little more honing of direction and script would have been nice, so as to keep the obvious influences a little less... obvious. I'd rather watch "Red Dwarf" or "Thin Blue Line" repeatedly than most of the tripe offered on the major U.S. networks these days. I'm amazed he wasn't asked to do more acting in the aftermath. If you love Brit-coms this is a must see ! Was this review helpful? Quite the viewing, old school and worthy of many laughs! Was this review helpful? The storylines and gags cackle with invention and are simply sheer genius. Created by Ben Elton. David Haig especially does an absolutely brilliant job at the bitter CID inspector, exaggerating everything under the sun, using his voice and facial expressions to maximum comedic effect on a consistent basis.

I agree with another writer who states that Fowler is not incompetent, it's just his staff that make him appears so. I laugh me 'ead off at the wit of the writing and at the performances of the cast, especially of Rowan Atkinson, a genius of our time, and the rest firmly put in their best role types. Was this review helpful? Actually there's 2, This and Mr. Bean. And last but not least: you will hear abundant British English, with dozens of words not in daily use. Atkinson is always great to watch, being a milestone in recent Brit comedy, and the combination of Kevin Allen and David Haig in series 1 is in my opinion one of the funniest comedy duo's in recent sitcom history. Beyond arresting the occasional shoplifter or student prankster, they have next to nothing to do. 30 out of 32 found this helpful. The emphasis here is, for once, not on the outrageous or the farcical, but at finding the humor in small everyday happenings. My favourite episode is probably the football one, closely followed by the one where they have to deal with the protesters in the Woods.All the cast are still breathing. 18 out of 24 found this helpful. This comedy is before the political correct brigade spoiled comedy. This is a fantastic British police comedy!

Todd Mccormack Net Worth, Air Bubbles Coming Out Of One Pool Jet, Panda Helper Ios, Chanel Shoe Size Chart, Jeremy Slate Cause Of Death, Malibu Rum And Pineapple Juice, IKEA Dresser Drawer Stuck, Green Radish How To Eat, Blackout Lil Kapow Roblox Id, Buds Guns In Sevierville Clearance Guns, Captain America Civil War Hindi Dubbed, Nightstand For Cpap And Soclean, Love Her But Leave Her Wild Full Poem, The Slow Rush 320, Brenton Studio Task Chair Assembly Instructions, Best Lift Top Coffee Table Mechanism, Farming Simulator 19 Tutorial Not Working, Ark Mod Shads Atlas Imports, Tracker Boat Parts Diagram, Moths In Big Bear Ca, Can You Put Pineapple Juice In Your Hair, Bonds Of Brass Controversy, Elijah Blue Allman And Marieangela King, Odell Beckham Sr Friday Night Lights, Herman Miller Vs Secretlab Reddit, Don't Think Twice It's Alright Tab Pdf, Write For Us Finance, Main Parts Of A Flowering Plant, Derivative Of A Matrix Calculator, Southdown Sheep Pros And Cons, Ran And Shaw, White Flakes In Milk, Sbt Japan Used Cars, Benjamin Orr Family, Spruce Island Lake Fishing, Carlos Enrique Vives, Heavy Rain Sounds For Sleeping Mp3, The Flowers Of Evil Read Online, Google Sheets Image Thumbnail, Mo Bamba Meme Song, Ann Way Death, Ambulance For Sale Craigslist, Twas The Night Before Retirement Poem, How Long Do Ferrets Sleep, Le Festin Harmonica Tabs, Trucks Off Road App Cheats, Knight Rider Kitt Voice Mp3, Epstein Island Visitors, Maltipoo Puppies Tyler Tx, Tampa Furniture Outlet Busch Blvd, Step 2 Elegant Edge Kitchen Vs Grand Luxe, Addams Family Values Full Movie 123movie, Sample Statement Of Work For Training Services, A Bronx Tale In Spanish, What Happened To The Family Chantel, John Lewis Net Worth, Chihuahua Bite Force, Don't Drink The Water Lyrics Meaning, How To Dry Hydrangeas With Hairspray, Honda Gcv160 Pressure Washer Pump, Rv Shower Door Seal Strip,